دفع ورشة التصميم البصري للألعاب
Makouk’s high institute for games presents to you our upcoming Game Art workshop for games and interactive tools from October 22nd to November 24th (Sundays, Fridays & Saturdays) with Mariam Ramadan at Makouk in Zamalek.
If you’re a graphic designer & you’re interested in designing table top games (card games & board games) & printed interactive tools then this workshop is for you!
During the workshop participants will explore the principles & tools of graphic design in game art & printed interactive tools while discovering & trying different games. As a result of the workshop, participants will be able to design a tabletop game or an interactive printed tool through working in groups & the practical exercise they will practice throughout the workshop.
Who is this workshop for?
- A graphic designer that wants to learn how to design a tabletop game
- A graphic designer who wants to experiment with applying the principles of branding and UX in an interactive printable material
Must have Skills
- Basic Graphic Design Skills
- Understanding of layout & typefaces
- Basic knowledge of User Experience
- Understanding icons usage
- Intermediate level of Adobe illustrator
Note: Need to have: Laptop with Illustrator
Outcome of the workshop
- You will be able to come up with a basic design concept for a game
- You will be able to design and experiment with different game elements (cards, tokens, board)
- You will learn how to visually optimize the user experience of a game based on game testing
- You will be introduced to the principles of creating a game package design and a game manual.
- Participants will be working in groups of 2-3 on one project
6 meetings at Makouk in Zamalek
Sunday 22nd of October: 6 – 10 PM
Sunday 29th of October: 6- 10 PM
*Friday 2nd of November: 12 – 6 PM
Saturday 3rd of November: 12- 6 PM
Friday 10th of November: 12- 6 PM
Friday 24th of November: 12-6 PM
Methodology of the workshop
- On hands practice + coaching
- Experiential learning through playing games
- Group work
To apply for the workshop, please fill out the form before the 18th of October.
Only selected participants will be contacted throughout the application process before the 18th of October.
Workshop Fees: 3000 EGP